Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition (VB) Video Feature Tour, created by MSDN (Microsoft Developer Network), is an easy and fun way to learn what you can do with VB. The tour will walk you through all you can do with Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition in order to create dynamic Windows applications. The tour stops are the following:
• Visually Design Windows Applications
• Interactive Development Environment
• Simplified Debugging
• Visual Data Designer
• Easy to Configure and Deploy
• XML, RSS, and Web Services Support
• Fully Customizable
You can either take this tour on-line from the MSDN web page, or you can download it to your computer, so you don’t need to be connected during your study time.
When you download and install this tour, one new folder named “Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition Feature Tour” will be created on your computer with the following three files:
1. “Visual Basic Express Edition Feature Tour”, a 26 minute Windows Media Video file with the lesson itself;
2. “Visual Basic Express Edition Feature Tour Transcript.doc”, an 8 page document with the video transcription;
3. “EULA.ftr”, a Rich Text Format document containing license information;
This tour is the best way to begin studying Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition and also the less time consuming one. After taking this tour, you can go on and take the “Absolute Beginner’s Series” course, under the Windows Development section, that is a collection of sixteen lessons created by MSDN (Microsoft Developer Network). The course provides a deeper introduction to Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition, and is oriented to people interested in designing and building Dynamic Windows Applications. If you’re interested in the tour, it’s pretty sure that you’re one of those people.
This tour is available for free for anyone who’s eager to learn and doesn’t require any prerequisites.